March 2, 2014: My “Twenteenth” Birthday!
According to Urban Dictionary, Twenteen is the new age for a person who doesn’t want to lose being a teenager once they hit the age of twenty!
Birthdays are special times. When we are young, we look forward to our birthdays. It’s exciting for us to be another year older and have birthday parties and celebrate with our friends. As we get older, we of course don’t look forward to our physical birthdays as much. I guess because we are getting older and our bodies are not quite like they used to be.
This year I turned 20 and I opened up Psalm 139. As I read, I was reminded that my Birthday isn’t really about me.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me are written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16)
Psalm 139 reminds us that it is God who created us, and as a result we should praise Him. Our birthday should be a day of thanking God that He created and protected our life so we can have another birthday.
Midriff: Bazaar // Wristwatch: Casio Vintage
My Twenteen something Birthday List
This list is good for the whole year.
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs –
For the sake of my Daisy Obsession.I miss the scent.
- Daisy + Mason Jar
- Benefit Cosmetics First Class Flirts
- iPhone5S – I’m a loyal-die-hard HTC lover but I wanna use iPhone again.
- Instax Mini 90 – I want a vintage double exposure photo.
- Canon EOS 60D – I need this in my life please. I really need a decent camera. My current dslr is not functioning well anymore and I’ve been using it for almost 2 years. My Canon 400D is begging for a retirement.
Before we proceed to number 7…
CAUTION: Fangirl Alert!
- One Direction Midnight Memories Album – Can I have a signed album, please?
- One Direction “One Moment” Fragrance
- One Direction “That Moment” Fragrance – Whatever moment it is, I still want all of it.
- Harry Styles – Hahaha, I really want/like Harry Styles but I guess I’ll just stick with a cardboard cutout instead.
That’s all for now. I really have a long list and these are just the material things that I want, the rest are things that money can’t buy. I’m surprised because I had a hard time making this list, I used to be so hyper when doing posts like this especially when it involves wish list. To be honest, there are only 2 things that I want in this list, #s 2 and 6 (#10 also hahaha).
Again I was reminded that my Birthday isn’t really about me, but God and His work. So really my birthday shouldn’t be a day of selfishness. But a day of thanking and praising God for all that He has done and also, thanking all those people whom God has used in my life.